2022.03.11An Interview with the NPO Members about the Support Extended to Filipino Workers in Japan
1. How does the NPO further help any Filipino to adjust to the Japanese lifestyle and culture in order for them to live comfortably in Japan?
- ➡ By providing information about a comfortable lifestyle mostly through our websites Venue and SNS.
- ➡ Maintenance of housing accommodation and its environment
We provide accommodation to those who need housing through our several share houses (Sharecom) in Kanagawa, Gunma, Tochigi, Hyogo, and Kochi (still under construction); and such accommodation is expanding further to support Filipinos to live comfortably in Japan.
- ➡ Human Resource Support
We can refer Filipinos to clients’ company if job requirements are met by them.
2. How must a Filipino prepare him/herself before going to Japan?
- ➡ Study Japanese
We believe the more you can understand and speak Japanese, the more job opportunities are available since not many people can speak English in Japan.
- ➡ Learn Japanese culture and Japanese manners
3.What are some essential things that a Filipino should remember when living or working in Japan for the first time?
- ➡ Be punctual and organized.
For example, you should arrive five minutes ahead of time when you have an appointment. Arriving very early or late are considered impolite in Japan.
- ➡ Always keep things clean and organized.
- ➡ Follow the instructions and always ask questions if you are unsure about the certain instructions.
- ➡ Work and live in harmony with Japanese, fellow Filipinos, and all other people.
4. What usually are the contents of the articles?
- ➡ NPO writers write about helpful information and various tips to guide fellow Filipinos who are working and living here in Japan. Some contents of our past articles include step-by-step guide on public transportation, guide on how to take licensure exams for SSW, addressing the concerns of Filipinos regarding visas, etc. Occasionally, we also write about current events and significant news about Japan.
News in Venue https://www.filipino-community.com/news/
Facebook Filipino Tokyo https://www.facebook.com/Venue.Filipino.Tokyo/
5. What is Registered Support Organization?
- ➡ The NPO Filipino community in Japan is registered as “Registered Support Organization”.
It is an institution that has received an entrustment from “Organization of affiliation of the Specified Skilled Worker” (“Accepting Organization”) which is a company that employs “Specified Skilled Worker“, and provides support based on the support plan for “Specified Skilled Worker” created by its company.
Registered Support Organization must be registered with the Immigration Services Agency of Japan.
It will also implement support for Specified Skilled Worker by a consignment contract with “Organization of affiliation of the specified skilled worker” (“Accepting Organization”) and based on the support plan which made by it.
6. What are the 3 things they need to pass in order to work as Specified Skilled Worker in crop farming?
- ➡ Skills Proficiency Test (ASAT)
- ➡ Japanese Language Test (Included in the ASAT)
- ➡ Japan Foundation Test for Basic Japanese or JLPT N4 or higher
*Those who have passed Technical Intern
Training (ii) are exempt from this
7. How long is the test time for ASAT in crop farming?
- ➡ 60min. More information will be available in the URL down below.
8. Any advice you can give to Filipinos who wish to work in Japan?
- ➡ Japanese communication skills are very important. Even if you have been able to get jobs successfully in Japan, keep learning, and have fun living and working in Japan. There are lot to discover!